Web3 companies are growing at an alarming rate and they desperately need talent to support that growth.
One of the hardest things about growing any company is knowing how to find and hire the best talent.
With the industry being so new - there aren't many people who have previous experience working in it.
And while experience in the space isn't necessarily required, it does help when it comes down to creating a strong culture, and helping employees understand the direction of the company.
For web3 and crypto companies that are looking to find talent, here are 6 places you should look first:
1) LinkedIn: Given that LinkedIn is the premier social platform for business professionals, it's only natural that it is one of the best places to find talent, and post opportunities. You can post jobs on LinkedIn as well as perform searches for specific competencies you might be looking for such a developers with react, and rust skills.
2) Twitter: People who aren't as deep in the web3 and crypto space might not realize that there is a ton of professionals looking for opportunities through Twitter. In fact, Twitter might be the number one place to go if you want to stay up to date on the latest developments and moves in the industry. Having a Twitter presence is an absolute must for any web3 or crypto company.
3) Telegram: Telegram is another place where a lot of crypto activity happens. It's harder to navigate than Twitter because there are thousands of rooms related to web3 & crypto and finding the right ones can be a challenge. Nonetheless, a lot of conversation happens on Telegram and many people find freelance roles on the platform through one on one connection.
4) Discord: Discord, similar to Telegram, can be hard to find the right channels or servers. There can also be a lot of noise and clutter on most servers as well which makes it hard to establish connections and keep up with everything that is happening. On the other hand, a wide majority of people in the space also use Discord for different DAOs, NFT drops, etc... so participating is key just like on Twitter.
5) Job Boards: Job boards such as cryptocurrencyjobs.co, web3.career, cryptojobslist.com and cryptojobs.com are some of the more popular job boards where talent goes to find opportunities. Posting jobs on there might attract a lot of candidates. The caveat is that you have to sort through a lot of resumes to find the best talent which can obviously be time-consuming and tedious.
6) Recruiting Agencies: Recruiting agencies like us work with web3 & crypto companies to find talent in places they don't know where to look or don't have the time too. One of the best parts of working with a recruiting agency like ours is that we are contingency-based meaning there's zero cost unless we get the job done. We also help with vetting talent which saves time for you to handle other business tasks.
Regardless of your budget, these are all low-cost ways to find talent that either has worked in the web3 space or is educated enough to dive right into any role you're looking to fill.
And if you're looking for a specific candidate, you can always hit us up here